Great Clothing for Mature Women - Ann Taylor



Below this post you will see posts with large photos of all the items that I recently purchased from Ann Taylor on line.  I had heard good things about their clothing and that it was great for more mature women; stylish, chic but age appropriate.  So I decided to give them a look.

Most of what I got I love.  Everything was 40% off.  Here are my thoughts on each piece:

Eyelet Top - Love it!  It is 100% cotton so I bought up one size because I know it will shrink when I wash it.  It is completely sheer under the eyelet so I'll wear a cami under it.
http://www.anntaylor.com/floral-eyelet-tee/371475?skuId=18919882&defaultColor=&colorExplode=false&catid=

Color Block Top - I love this top!  It's perfect for work but would also be so cute with jeans and boots with a jacket. The color is a grey blue and I don't have anything this color so I'm excited about it.
http://www.anntaylor.com/Petite%20Crepe%20Colorblock%20Top/362046?colorExplode=true&skuId=17869652&CID=PolyvoreATWovensWovenShirtPetite

Wrap top - I have another wrap top like this that I bought at Kohl's and I really love it so I knew I would like this one.  Unfortunately, I bought up a size because they only had petite sizes.  I'm small, but sometimes petites don't fit me in the shoulders.  It's a little too wide.  I sew so I'm going to put a seam up both sides.  I've looked at it and I think this will fix the size problem.  Other than that it's a great top; exactly what I thought it would be.  Great for work.
http://www.anntaylor.com/petite-confetti-wrap-top/375258?skuId=18952551&defaultColor=&colorExplode=false&catid=cata000045&priceSort=ASC

Flounce Skirt - Love it!  This skirt is very figure flattering.  The wide waistband is very slimming.  I will say that I think it runs short.  I'm just barely 5' tall and it's just right for me.
http://www.anntaylor.com/petite-embroidered-flounce-skirt/379911?skuId=19067216&defaultColor=&colorExplode=false&catid=cata000049&priceSort=ASC

Striped Ankle Pants - I have high hopes for these pants.  I was hoping the skinny verticle lines would be slimming.  Unfortunately, the stripes combined with the wide waistband with horizontal stripes is not figure flattering; at least not on me.
http://www.anntaylor.com/petite-stripe-relaxed-ankle-pants/371519?skuId=18709087&defaultColor=&colorExplode=false&catid=cata000048&priceSort=ASC

City Shorts - Love these shorts!  The length is so flattering, even on my short legs.  I don't usually buy shorts with an inseam this short because most shorts tend to ride up my thighs if the inseam is too short.  This fabric is heavy enough not to ride up.  They run big but they are meant to be slightly slouchy.  They are just really nice shorts. 
http://www.anntaylor.com/Petite%20Diamond%20Jacquard%20City%20Shorts/371552?colorExplode=true&skuId=18698701&CID=PolyvoreATSportPantsSportShortsPetite

Drapey Shorts - Love these short too!  These are not as heavy weight as the city shorts, but they hang so nicely.  Again, they run big and are meant to be worn loose.  These shorts can be worn casually or dressed up.  The Ann Taylor shorts are expensive, even on sale, but worth it.  I think I'll have fewer shorts and spend a little more on these next Spring.  I'm very impressed with the shape and fit of both pair that I got.
http://www.anntaylor.com/Foulard%20Drapey%20Shorts/370092?colorExplode=true&skuId=18550788&CID=PolyvoreATSportPantsSportShorts

Overall I'm very impressed with the clothing at Ann Taylor.  I will definitely be shopping there again.  The clothing is up to date, but not so trendy that they will go out of style quickly.  The clothing is expensive so I'll probably watch the sales instead of paying full price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restart of the Container Garden

This Week's Diet Staples

OMAD Day Six - Cautiously Optimistic