Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent 'Black Opium' Eau de Parfum
This is another perfume sample that I got recently with an Nordstrom order.
Right off the bat I didn't like the packaging of the sample.  I know that in the larger scheme of things that's not important, but it just ticked me off.  The sample comes in a plastic capsule that you have to break in half to get to the perfume.  Normally, I'd apply some while getting ready for work and take the rest of the sample with me to apply later so that I could really get a feel for how I felt about the scent.  Well, I can't do that with this sample.  So, this review is from the one application this morning before I leave for work.

This scent is sweet and musky.  There's also a note of jasmine that is very distinctive.  It's also fruity.  There are many layers and the more I smell it the more I like it.  It's a very sophisticated scent that I think would work for all seasons.

I checked to see how expensive it is and yes, a large container is quite expensive.  But, there's also smaller container options that are completely affordable; .33 oz for $25.  It's great that the brand had the foresight to offer something at all price points.  I appreciate that.

I really like this perfume and after I finish with some of my others I'm going to revisit this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restart of the Container Garden

This Week's Diet Staples

OMAD Day Six - Cautiously Optimistic