Weekend Shopping 7/23/16 - What I Bought and What I Think

My weekend shopping posts are always done a week after the actual purchases.  I want time to try the items so that I have something to say about them.  So, here's what I bought last weekend.

 
NYX Mineral Matte Finishing Powder in the color light/medium.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this powder.  It's the most finely milled powder I've ever used.  It looks beautiful over the tinted sunscreen I'm using.  I'm having to have lots of restraint because I really want to go get some backups.  I don't like to buy stuff I don't need, so I'm determined not to buy extras of this.



 
Revlon Ultra Volume mascara - this was such a huge disappointment.  I have not been able to find a really good mascara that will replace my Revlon Grow Luscious mascara that was discontinued.  The search continues because I haven't found anything that even comes close.  This one certainly doesn't.
 



 
Elf Moisturizing Lipstick - I have a lipstick addiction.  I need to stop.  I don't need any lipsticks and I have no idea why I bought this one.  It's a pretty color but there's nothing memorable about it.  I wore it once and promptly forgot I had it.  Like I said, I need to stop.





 
I was hoping this soap would be really moisturizing.  I love the Aveeno brand.  I love the Aveeno moisturizers that I use and I was hoping the soap would be just like that.  It's not.  There are no suds to this soap.  It seems to disappear in my wash cloth.  I definitely won't repurchase it.  I just can't tell whether or not it does anything at all.


 
Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm with spf 20 - I was looking for some more tinted lip balms with spf.  I really like the pink one.  It gives a youthful, healthy look to the lips.  I don't like the rose tinted one at all.  It looks brown on my lips.  I've been wearing the pink one all week and I really like it.  I like wearing something on my lips with spf.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restart of the Container Garden

This Week's Diet Staples

OMAD Day Six - Cautiously Optimistic