Week Four of Intermittent Fasting and Keto Diet

At the beginning of January I started intermittent fasting to loose weight.  My first week I did low carb; not thinking that it mattered what I ate since I was only eating one meal a day.  I lost ten pounds.

Week two I continued fasting, but with high carb, high fiber meals.  I felt bloated and ill all week and lost one pound.

Week three I was on vacation and didn't stick to anything.  I began to take a closer look at the ketogenic diet and decided that I would put that together with intermittent fasting.

I just finished week four where I continued intermittent fasting; I stopped eating at night about 7 pm and fasted until about 11 am the next day.  I've been eating a ketogenic diet, meaning low carb, high fat.  I didn't weight at the beginning of the week.  I weighed yesterday and I'm down a total of 10 pounds for the month.  That's great considering what I ate during my vacation week.

If I can continue to loose 10 pounds a month, I'll be at my goal weight in another 5 months. 

This week did not go off without a hitch.  I was hungry at times and had to push through till it was meal time.  On Thursday night I developed stabbing pain in my lower right back.  It has eased now and I'm convinced that it was my lack of attention of taking my supplements.  It's important to take magnesium, potassium and making sure you get you daily dose of iodine.  My body got my attention.  I'm also watching my liquid consumption.  All are important when doing a very low carb diet.

I suggest to anyone interested in a very low carb diet to do your homework first.  Read, read, read.  Watch videos of those doing it.  Make sure you are prepared before starting.

The pain in my back has eased and I'm definitely paying more attention to taking all my supplements and vitamins each morning and drinking as much fluids as possible.

I've bought groceries for the coming week and packed my lunches.  I have a plan and I'm hopeful that I'll see some weight loss when next I post.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restart of the Container Garden

This Week's Diet Staples

OMAD Day Six - Cautiously Optimistic