The Secret to Loosing Weight after 40 - You Gotta Work

I'm sure that comes as no surprise to anyone who is over 40 and who has tried to loose weight.  You gotta work!

The good news...I'm half way through June and I've lost 23 pounds.  I can't tell you how motivating and energizing that is.

Now the the hard reality...I have literally worked my ass off this last week.  I got up at 5:30 seven days in a row and walked/jogged two plus miles.  It was 2 but this last week I did two more little laps just around my block.  Not sure how much that added to the length but adding just a little on the end seemed doable.  Five evenings after work I did 30 minutes on my step then I did 40 lunges and 10 jumps.  I've read that jumping is very good for full body fitness.  Lifting my fat ass into the air does indeed take my full body to get it done.

I'm still fasting a minimum of 14 hours daily, from 5 pm till 7 am the next day.  I work till about 4:10pm so I've been racing home each day and having something small before my eating time is up.  The evenings are long.

So, you can see that I've work HARD for my weight loss.  When I decided I would do what ever it took to loose considerable weight this year I meant it and I fully intend to reach that goal.

In the coming week I'm continuing to make changes.  Tomorrow I'll start fasting 16 hours daily.  That means that my first meal will be at 8 and I'll have to have my last bite before 4 pm.  I'm at work that entire time so I've got my work cut out for me.  Here's my plan.

I'll take something with me that I can eat at my desk, inconspicuously.  I've decided on low carb granola so I made some that I will take in a plastic container.  I'll post the recipe in the next post.



Lunch will continue to be my mail meal.  Three days I'm taking a ground beef/spinach mix and a sweet potato.  Two days I'll take spiralized zucchini with mushrooms and peas.


At 3:30pm I'll have a snack of cheese and jerky chunks.  Low carb and sugar free.

That's still 3 meals a day but my hope is that with the longer fasting time I can keep loosing weight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restart of the Container Garden

OMAD - Day One Meal

This Week's Diet Staples